Procurement Manager (Heavy Equipment Maintenance Industry)
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing records, produce management reports, track the status of requisitions, contracts and orders, approve bills for payment,
- calculate the cost of orders, assign invoices to the appropriate accounts, and monitor in-house inventory transfer for project consumption. The procurement manager also determines if inventory quantities for commonly used items are sufficient for the needs of the company and orders more supplies as needed.
- Conduct research via the Internet, catalogues, trade publications, and trade shows to identify potential suppliers.
Interview prospective suppliers either face-to-face or over the phone to determine prices, discounts, terms, etc.
Create spreadsheets with vendor & product or service comparisons of prospective suppliers to support management decisions
- Prepare, maintain and review purchasing files and records, price lists, the status of requisitions, contracts and orders, locate suppliers, approve bills for payment, monitor subcontractor performance, calculate the cost of orders, ensure invoices are charged to the appropriate accounts, and monitor inventory transfer forms for bookkeeping records.
- Prepare procurement execution plans and oversee the full array of materials management and procurement functions of purchasing, expediting, shipping, receipt and inspections, and logistics.
Develop plans for the effective organization and temporary storage of project materials and general inventories at various company and/or independent warehouse locations.
- Optimize the material and supplier portfolio – that is what materials should be bought in bulk and consumed as needed from inventory by projects, and which materials are best to acquire as needed for specific projects.
Support, and in some cases lead, cost reduction efforts.
- Monitor and support returns, damage replacements, and warranty claims.
- Prepare and review all of comparison for purchasing orders.
- Coordinate with the warehouse minimum stock and maximum stock
- Negotiation with the suppliers to reach for the best prices
- Prepare the vendor list and update and approved it with execution section heads and construction G.M
- 10 years experience in Heavy Equipment Maintenance industry
- Bachelor of mechanical or electrical engineering is a must